2023 Forests of New Hampshire Teacher Tours **FULL**
2023 Forests of New Hampshire Teacher Tours
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE NH FOREST TEACHER TOURS
- Tours combine math, science, technology,language arts and social studies with currentinformation about forest practices, up-to-datetechnology, and careers.
- A stimulating time with interesting people,learning about New Hampshire forests andways to engage students in learning aboutforest ecosystems and management.
- Project Learning Tree’s (PLT) nationallyacclaimed pre-K through high schoolenvironmental education curriculum is theframework for learning more about theimportance of New Hampshire’s forests.
- Teachers will experience award winningProject Learning Tree activities with links tothe STEM and the NGSS that can beincorporated into the curricula with K-12students.
- Each participant will be certified as a ProjectLearning Tree teacher and beeligible for certification of 30contact hours.
- NHTOA will cover allbut $150 of expenses,including overnight accommo-dations, air-conditioned motorcoach, meals, and educationalmaterials to take back to theclassroom.
WHEN YOU PARTICIPATE IN OUR TOURS YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO:
Participants can look forward to connecting with expert natural resource professionals, networking, and spending time in New Hampshire forests. Experience rustic,charming, shared accommodations in beautiful lakeside cabins.
All meals are provided.
Our tour will be based at the Tall Timbers Lodge on Back Lake in Pittsburg, NH. The tour will focus on long-term sustainable management of New Hampshire forests. We will visit nearby logging operations, and sawmills, and will have opportunities to discuss field operations and multiple use management considerations with foresters, wildlife biologists, and other natural resource professionals.